Bala shark

Pennyleigh17

Hi,

I'm wanting to know a bit about bala sharks and was wondering if anyone could give any advice.

1. Are they best kept on there own or in groups? I've heard they do best in groups, is this correct? If so how many at least to make a group?

2. What are good tank mates?

3. What size tank would you recommend for juvenile bala sharks? I can upgrade the tank as they grow. And yes I know they grow huge :)

Thanks

14 hours ago, Pennyleigh17 said:

Hi,

I'm wanting to know a bit about bala sharks and was wondering if anyone could give any advice.

1. Are they best kept on there own or in groups? I've heard they do best in groups, is this correct? If so how many at least to make a group?

2. What are good tank mates?

3. What size tank would you recommend for juvenile bala sharks? I can upgrade the tank as they grow. And yes I know they grow huge :)

Thanks

1.  Yes.  The standard half dozen or so.

2.  They're basically non aggressive, so any other moderately sized active fish. 

3.  I'd say something in the 4 foot, 400L range minimum.  More mature you're looking at 6-8 foot.