Hello all!

Jcricket

Hi everyone,

Can I just start by saying how great it is to have a wealth of NZ based knowledge like these forums, thank you to everyone who contributes. I was into fishkeeping a few years back and a visit to my LFS has reignited my passion for fish! I am an avid lover of all freshwater species and I now have 3 tanks cycling away soon to be ready for some livestock.

I can't wait to be in the position to offer help an advice once I am more experienced just like everyone on this forum seems willing to do so readily, I have already used countless threads from this site so I decided it was time to register and get involved, really looking forward to finding out what my local clubs have to offer.

For now the only thing I can think of that I can offer is... polystyrene! Hit me up if you need and poly sheeting for insulation/under your tanks or poly offcuts for making backdrops/ornaments I work for a large polystyrene company here in Christchurch and we have heaps of bits and pieces that we just recycle that we can give away at no charge.

Cheers everyone

Thanks for the warm greetings everyone

15 hours ago, Caryl said:

A bit late (I have been overseas and otherwise occupied) but better late than never. Welcome aboard. Christchurch has a good club I believe and you have a selection of fish shops to choose from.

Yes I am excited to venture out past my fear of new people and join one of these clubs. It seems as though in general fish keepers are a rather high caliber of people! Looking forward to meeting others and see what local talent we have. And yes it seems we are very lucky just to have the couple of great fish shops that we do!

I am beginning to see just how addicting this all is I now have 4 tanks cycling and I can't even have any fish yet.