Peppered vs Sterbai cory

Pennyleigh17

I am wanting to add some corydoras to my 165L community tank. 

I have had panda corys before which i really liked but they are pretty sensitive and my local pet shop doesnt stock them anymore because of this. I have had a look at what they do have in store and I was thinking either peppered or sterbai corys.

I was wondering,

1) How similar they both are to panda corys personality wise.

2) Is there much difference between the peppered and sterbai corys in regards to size, how active they are, care etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2016 at 9:06 AM, Pennyleigh17 said:

What about Julii cory. Has anyone had any experience with these little guys? 

i've kept them.  I like them as much as I like Sterbai, which is a lot!  Peppered cory leave me cold.  Found Julii were relatively slow growing in comparison to Sterbai.  

I have kept mine with small pebble substrate, but they like to hang around in the back and plants where it is hard to vacuum. And it has worn their barbels down. My new tank is sand substrate, and has better flow down at the substrate level (so the bacteria should do a better job at breaking down the mulm I can't get to). So they should recover.

I've never had any trouble with the health of either kinds (and to be honest my tank isn't as clean as I would like it to be). I believe them to be a very hardy fish although I would of expected the Panda's to be the same way. I had my peppered cory's shipped overnight from Christchurch to Palmerston North and they were absolutely fine, I drove down from Tauranga with the Sterbai and 2 of them died but they were already very sad looking when I picked them up (I think it was a lack of oxygen).

I think the objective is just to keep them happy - They loved it when I changed from gravel to sand, and when I put more air stones in. As long as you have a clean, well aerated tank they should be fine.