WTB: Finnex Ray2, or any other good LED setup (120cm)

fishiac

Hi all,

I like the look of the Ray2 or 24/7, as it seems like a good option for my tank. My tank is 120*60*60, and its 50 cm to the substrate. I like the idea of LEDs since they should cost me less in the long run and I have to replace all my six flour bulbs anyway so Im looking at spending a bit anyway.

Does anyone know where or how I can get these? No go on amazon and I'm a bit reluctant to try eBay. 

Alternatively, does anyone know of an LED setup that would be suitable for me that i can get in NZ? I've seen AquaOne setups at HFF but I have't been able to find out the PAR data for those

I know from the manager of my LFS that AquaOne is moving from flouro to LEDs. They are in a long flouro-like tube, and will be able to be used in place of the flouros in existing tank setups using T8s. They have been a big hit in Aussie, and are just being trialed for the market here in NZ. Try Animates - that's my LFS where I heard about it.

I know from the manager of my LFS that AquaOne is moving from flouro to LEDs. They are in a long flouro-like tube, and will be able to be used in place of the flouros in existing tank setups using T8s. They have been a big hit in Aussie, and are just being trialed for the market here in NZ. Try Animates - that's my LFS where I heard about it.

Can't wait for these to come to the LFS. Let me know when this happens!

I used Amazon for my Finnex 24/7, just used the youshop.co.nz to re-direct the post, brought the 120cm version, think it cost me $30-40nzd in postage, (amazon had free postage in the states)

from memory, amazon had the best price on the 24/7, (it was better than ebay by almost $80-100 more) cost me (USD) $152.97 (NZD 234.76) 

24/7 is nice, altho I find all the 24 settings, are a novelty, normally I just have them on full (tank is 85cm+ deep), (huge difference from my old light!!!)

I used Amazon for my Finnex 24/7, just used the youshop.co.nz to re-direct the post, brought the 120cm version, think it cost me $30-40nzd in postage, (amazon had free postage in the states)

from memory, amazon had the best price on the 24/7, (it was better than ebay by almost $80-100 more) cost me (USD) $152.97 (NZD 234.76) 

24/7 is nice, altho I find all the 24 settings, are a novelty, normally I just have them on full (tank is 85cm+ deep), (huge difference from my old light!!!)

Yes was wondering if I should just go for the Ray2 because it has higher light (correct?) and wasn't sure how much practical use all the settings are on the 24/7. Dimming would be cool (make 'sunrise' and 'sunset' a little easier on the fish as my angels eat all their eggs up every time the lights pop on at the moment) and some sort of night/moonlight would be good for viewing but yeah...unsure about how needed all that is!

your opinion?

I've never seen a Ray2, did watch a few youtube videos, and kinda liked the 24/7 (was alot cheaper than the ray2) currently amazon has it for $129USD

my tank is 750l 180l x (40w-60w) x 88h, (has a curve on both sides), the 120cm light... on full highlights everything... probably would have been nicer, if it was 180cm!

I am pretty happy with it, it totally changed the look of my tank, made the fish stand out alot more....  and I love having it with a remote, (altho I did have a remote from Bunnings for turning the power on and off for the old light) 

The sunrise/sunset... yeah well, as I said, are a bit of a novelty, maybe better for a smaller tank... it just didn't seem to have enough "Light" for mine... moonlight, is pretty cool, (had it running 24/7 one night.... ) walked out... was like woooah!

would I get a 24/7 again?? Yep!

-Chris