Little B's Adventure

Caryl

We have had people complaining lately that most airlines won't let you take fish on board. I have often transported them inside those collapsible chilly bags. Never mentioned I had them and was never asked either. Not ever gone through X-ray with them.

He was carried on board by a reporter and given his own boarding pass. He was also shown in his own seat, flying with the reporter and cameraman. I doubt normal charges were applied in this case.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/80158565/pet-fish-in-tupperware-container-kicked-off-jetstar-flight-from-wellington

We have had people complaining lately that most airlines won't let you take fish on board. I have often transported them inside those collapsible chilly bags. Never mentioned I had them and was never asked either. Not ever gone through X-ray with them.

I think it depends on the destination airport.  If you're going to either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (only airports I've been to), which have international connecting flights, everything will be scanned (xray).  Though I'm not sure how or if airport security will notify the corresponding airline, if carrying live fish is discovered.