My garden pond

spoon

Nearly 5 years ago I purchased my  first  house,  one  of the  first  things  I did was  dream  of having a pond.  

The pond  came  up  at  the  right  time  at an unbelievably low  price from  friends.  It's a custom built fibreglass pond quite  large  (couldn't  get  it  up  driveway on trailer) it  originally  had  a large  water fall  to  match but  the original owner decided  to  keep  that  part.  

Looking at  the  hole  I was  going  to  have  to  dig and how  accurate I needed  to  get  it to  fit  the  contours,  I thought  bugger  that  and flattened  off a site  and infilled  around  the  pond  making  it  raised  slightly instead.  I ended  up  taking 20-30cm off the  edge  of the  pond with  a jigsaw  so  it  would  comply  with  local council  rules  concerning fencing. Had  all  the  river  rocks  already  in a another  part  of the  garden and over  a few  years  planted  it  slowly with  a semi  Japanese theme.  I also  built  a small  waterfall.  I don't  know  how  many  fish  I have  in there but  a couple of them  are original fish  from  my  goldfish tanks  years  ago  in the  forum,  returned  by  friends that  I had  given  them  to.  Here  are  photos  of progress 

Maybe 45cm in deepest part,  it  gets  the  morning sun but  is shaded during most of the day  so  haven't had  to much  algae problems.  There  are  a lot  of plants  in there too and a 12000lph  pump and pondmate filter so it  all  helps