Shaky day in Christchurch

Colour_genes

Well my, that was interesting! Just walking towards my rack of tanks out in the shed to do some feeding and cleaning and a 5.7 quake hit. I got to watch the tanks shake like some giant compartmentalised washing machine, water swirling and sloshing everywhere! So glad I solidly bracketed the big wooden rack to the wall - almost no loss of water from there and the tanks didn't move. The smaller metal rack was a bit more lively with quite a few litres of water now sloshing around on the (concrete) floor and I don't feel quite brave enough yet to go and mop it up. Might look at a better fixing method for that one next week!! Fortunately no fish lost out of tanks, be interesting to see how they behave for the next few days, if there are any signs of stress.

The Inside tank, on one of those tall, skinny, black stands (and who the heck designed those I wonder) has rahter a lot of water out of it, all over the nice wooden floor. Mop-up in progress. O.o

Hope all other fish keepers in Christchurch have been as fortunate. Think I need a good coffee now (or something!)

Edited by Colour_genes

I was driving quietly along Linwood ave in a jammed up line of traffic ,surrounded by orange road cones when I could not keep the car in a s

traight line at all. I thought one or two weels had come loose and I could not pull over to check. Came to a set of lights and stopped then started up quietly to see if it was going to do it again---no problems. That's the problem when you have had so many thousand quakes, you don't make the connection