Where I can buy pure chlorine

Kosta

Hi there,

Ask at RD1, Farm Source, PGG, Farmlands, ... for 5ltr of XY-12 from Ecolab.
Pure Sodium Hypochlorite and it's got a label claim and rate on the back to sanitize drinking water out of rain water tanks.

Cheers,
JaSa

Edited by JaSa

Chlorine is toxic to fish. So if you are on tank water and you have to use it to make it safe for you to drink than you have to get rid of it again before you dump it in your tank. In no way I would count on it to evaporate within 24h - maybe in a drum outside in the sun but not in your rain water tank or your water lines...

Cheers,
JaSa

The water in your aquarium even after a 100% water change will contain a lot more bacteria then water in your water tank.  Bacteria need food and there is very little food in a water tank even one with sludge on the bottom will have very little bacteria because of the large volume of water it holds compared to the food available.  If you are already suffering from disease then treat the aquarium, if you are afraid of introducing diseases then quarantine new additions and look after the aquarium and make sure you have healthy water parameters.  

I see no reason to go through the hassle of chlorinating then de-chlorinating rain water.  Running the water through a strong UV filter would work better if you're still worried.