Foam under aquarium

alienara2

So I've been reading up about insulation and know that a lot of people would use styrofoam under the aquarium and on the back of it to conserve as much heat as possible. 

I've also just read that the foam may or may not help if the stand / floor sags in keeping the aquarium level. 

My stand has 6 legs to support my 90cm wide, 200L aquarium. I have a carpeted floor.

So my question is, should I

1. Remove the legs so that the stand is level on the floor?
  2. Get a styrofoam box from one of the fish stores, chop it up into flat sheets and use it under the aquarium?

What would you experienced fishos recommend?

Thanks!

They polystyrene is generally to help distribute even weight so the tank doesn't stress under any wright or if somethings off balance... we all know we need to make sure the tabks are level the plays just an extra added precaution. If your tanks one with a plastic surround it's already designed to be stress zone free but alot of straight glass tanks can novel time wear into a stress point. 

Better safe then sorry i say 

Speaking of which, just noticed that the sealant for 2 sides doesn't seem to be as smooth as the other side (left). Craggy edges as though it's fading away. Trying to add the photo but it keeps saying that my max size is 0.39 mb but the file is only about 0.1mb

Anything I should be concerned about? 

Last thing I want is the damn thing splitting apart,

They polystyrene is generally to help distribute even weight so the tank doesn't stress under any wright or if somethings off balance... we all know we need to make sure the tabks are level the plays just an extra added precaution. If your tanks one with a plastic surround it's already designed to be stress zone free but alot of straight glass tanks can novel time wear into a stress point. 

Better safe then sorry i say 

Thanks Maxxi, yeah it is one of those with the plastic surround and it seems like there is glass along the bottom of the tank that kinda forms a rectangle where the middle is the bottom glass. Hope this description makes sense.