My new native tank

Silverdollarboy2

Good :) Other largish fish I guess would be best. The tank is too small for multiple Kokopu. A koura might be alright depending on size and layout. Best would probably be larger Inanga or Bullies, but it varies per fish. Have you ever kept him with Inanga?

Your best bet would be other Kokopu then, but you'd need a tank big enough to give them enough space to limit territory problems. Kokopu can be alright with Inanga (Probably up to a certain age/size), but probably not your one with its history ;)

Goldfish?? O.o

:D

They should be compatible, if you have enough room for them to be able to stay well apart with plenty of hard-scaping. Probably at the very least you'll want a four foot tank, five foot would be better. With plenty of wood and rocks which break up the tank especially in mid to top water. You will need to upsize in a year or two when the fish get bigger though.

My four Kokopu (2 Giants, 2 Bandeds) are fine together absolutely no fighting. They've even been schooling with the Inanga.

• 7 months later...

They don't need a deep tank but do need room for 30-40cm fish to swim around comfortably so suggest sacrificing height for length and width.  Most off the shelf tanks are the opposite to have a smaller footprint (height equal or greater then the width) so you may have to get one custom made to keep it within 350ltr.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...