Curious about activity...

Devrens

The joys of the modern age and the instant gratification of today's social media, facebook etc.started about 3 years ago.

At least in here your question or tank log doesn't disappear down the page and into the internetness:reading: It is almost like digital immortality.

The rebranding was done to integrate the website and forums into one package and to catch up with technology and the way the average person gets their fish info now.

Aquariumworld.nz: Sept 1 - Sept 30 2015. Sessions 15,448

Edited by livingart

The joys of the modern age and the instant gratification of today's social media, facebook etc.started about 3 years ago.

At least in here your question or tank log doesn't disappear down the page and into the internetness:reading: It is almost like digital immortality.

The rebranding was done to integrate the website and forums into one package and to catch up with technology and the way the average person gets their fish info now.

Aquariumworld.nz: Sept 1 - Sept 30 2015. Sessions 15,448

Yeah, I suppose. :\

Maybe Aquarium World should setup a Facebook Group? :)

- Dev

Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns :);).

Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns :);).

Outside!? But I'm rescaping my 15g today!

Personally, I've been really busy with business & expo stuff (I imagine others attending the Auckland Pet Expo have been pretty busy also) - so haven't had any chance to check the forums! The new ease of use has definitely made it better for me to check regularly, though :)

We have a facebook page and a facebook group and some of our clubs have facebook groups.  However most of the club groups are really only buy and sell pages.  Ours is not.  We've had them for at least four years.  The disadvantage with facebook is that once you post, unless it is topical and remains so, then it disappears down the page never to appear again.  

Can be used on the go and is actually quite easy on larger mobile devices like tablets and IPads, plus autocorrect ;)

Autocorrect hardly seems like an argument. :P I'm a touch typist but hopeless at txting, when I was in the states we all just called each other on our mobiles as our plans allowed for it. Then I came here in 2008 and you heathens were all txting. :|