WTB: Freshwater Puffer Fish

SeaBandit

Thanks for that info, I've checked their site and it looks like they have a fahaka puffer in stock, beautiful fish but just a little too big unfortunately :( i'll call them tommorow and see if they have any other's

has anyone dealt with Carine in Tauranga? they have a huge selection of fish listed on their website but something seems a little off about it (they say they're a landscaping company...)

I'm still on the hunt, might have to order some if I can find someone able to get in touch with a supplier

Late response - but Carines are lovely :) They're not importers, though, so will be restricted to what their wholesale list is. 

Unfortunately over the last couple of years there have only been 3 freshwater species in NZ -

- Fahaka puffer (600-800L minimum)

- Dragon/Humpback puffer (quite an inactive fish - has been compared to keeping a rock - but is definitely on my want list!)

- Dwarf puffers (as you already know).

I haven't seen the Dragons in for a while - it's Redwoods also who have imported them. We've had a couple of other species in the past, however the likelihood of them being imported again is unfortunately quite low :(

I've been enquiring at a few places and Hollywood fish farm in Albany are ordering some for me (Woohoo!)

I'm getting 5 dwarf puffers which will be awesome for my currently empty tank :)

Fahaka's look amazing but yeah theythey get huge and I don't have the kind of money for an 800L haha

Dragon puffers look great but I don't know a lot about them, do you have any idea why they won't be importing other species of puffer into NZ? green spotted and figure 8 puffers are beautiful too, for know i'll be happy with dwarfs though.

thanks for the info :D