Some apistogramma photos

fishyNZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have got the last pair coming to me next week.. :-D

what else did you get from them?

From Redwoods? I only ended up getting the Macs - though I did halvsies on the shipping with a friend who got some Pelvicachromis taeniatus :)

They laid eggs on the second day! Unfortunately she ate them on hatching day - I assume this is because the male is still in with her as I've currently got no where to put him. Am planning on trying again in a couple of weeks :)

• 1 month later...

I have Macs fry which became free-swimming on the 2nd (I think) - growing steadily it seems, she's been a great momma  Had an issue with my air-pump breaking, so hopefully they're still okay. 

Unfortunately only 2 of my Trifasciata fry survived, which I stopped feeding because I thought she had eaten them all (so they're teeny!) - my Tris have been looking lethargic lately, so I'm not expecting any fry for a few weeks until I figure out what's causing them to be sickly. I lost one of my females, but still have a pair left.

It’s been very hectic the last several weeks.  I had several spawning (6 species); 3 of which passed (barely) the 30-day FNZAS breeding scheme requirement.

I lost a female Macmasteri, so I now have 2 males as surplus.  I got Macmasteri, Agasizii and Cacatuiodes fry; though I lost the Cacatuiodes after only a couple of days.  I sold all the Agasizii and some Macmasteri fry recently, hoping they will be raised and grown much better than myself. I haven’t had the chance to properly setup fry/growout tanks at the moment.

No pairing on my Panduros and Trifasciatas yet.

• 1 month later...