Orange head electric blue Ramirezi

king_acuarios

Hello everyone! I want to introduce a rare variety of Ramirezi. It is the result of crossing the electric blue variety and golden variety. I want to know if anyone has managed to cross these varieties and get one like mine or if have to get in a store. I think I was lucky. I hope to reproduce it. Regards.

From what I know, the blue (wild type) body is dominant to the gold body, and normal scale is dominant to electric blue scale. Now your electric blue ram could be heterozygous in the body colour gene, and your gold ram is heterozygous in the scale colour gene. Spawning these two will give you normal blue rams, gold rams, electric blue rams and gold head electric blue rams at a ratio of 1:1:1:1.

From what I know, the blue (wild type) body is dominant to the gold body, and normal scale is dominant to electric blue scale. Now your electric blue ram could be heterozygous in the body colour gene, and your gold ram is heterozygous in the scale colour gene. Spawning these two will give you normal blue rams, gold rams, electric blue rams and gold head electric blue rams at a ratio of 1:1:1:1.

Hi guys! Thanks all of you for your comments in my post :D

I have been looking for more information on this variety of color in the Ramirezi and its beautiful! There are more varieties or mutations result of crossing between the golden and electric blue but this is the most that I loved!

I want to clarify a few things because I've seen some doubts in other forums. First, there is not a hybrid, because this is a cross between varieties of the same species (Ramirezi Electric Blue and Golden). It's actually a new variety of color (a new mutation). I say new because I've seen and articles about this mutation and just date from 2013. To clarify any doubts that any people here may have, I share some pictures and Internet address that I found. So you can compare this photos with the golden ram or the electric blue ram and see that them are not the same color that the orange head EB. My own fish although in the video its color looks white, is not only white, the electric blue color looks depending on how the light illuminates it. When I take the video, the fish looked more white than blue but already today after little more than a week of intensive feeding can be seen more blue in its body. Another clarification is that these fish was not born in my tanks, rather, I buy it in a local store.

Well, I will continue looking for more info. to provide ok.. Thanks all of you again and nononomome thanks for the info too! Regards.

http://www.archer-fish.ru/ramirezi-electric-blue/

15491634329_9c7ccf2911.jpg

4272fe01fd0ee9d46545e12d8470e8d0.jpg

• 1 month later...