Artemia Cysts problem

Kosta

A-H-T brine shrimps eggs,blue metalic can,450 grams, from pet shop.Original never open before me.

I dont now do I make a mistake or eggs are not god. Can somebody tal me...?? Is theseA H T company good or bade. I have just a little bit of srimps after 30 hours. What the best product I can bay and where if these is bad eggs and company.

I put upside down coca cola bottle, 500 ml water from

tank-rain water, in aquarium 27 degrees - , see salt 2 tea spoon,1/4 tea spoon eggs, backing soda pease size, good air flow. After 30 hours, on botom of bottle it's a lot of eggs.

Your set up sounds good :)

For 500ml of tap water I use 4 teaspoons sea salt and don't use baking soda but I know some people do. Hatching will take 24 - 48 hours. To see how many shrimp have hatched shine some light on the bottle. The shrimp will move towards the light.

I think you have not used enough salt. I have hatched AHT shrimp a lot without many problems.

Do you have an air stone bubbling to keep them moving, a light on them and around 24 degrees C?

put upside down coca cola bottle, 500 ml water from

tank-rain water, in aquarium 27 degrees - , see salt 2 tea spoon,1/4 tea spoon eggs, backing soda pease size, good air flow. After 30 hours, on bottom of bottle it's a lot of eggs.

The only thing I could work out Alan, is that the salt wasn't enough. Mine runs at around 27 degrees, even hotter in the summer. I don't have a light on mine but it doesn't seem to be an issue. I put one on about 10 mins before I want to remove them.

A 1.5 litre coke bottle cut back to where it starts to curve in at the top takes 1 litre of water. To that I add 2 tablespoons of salt. Technically 2 dessertspoons = 1 tablespoon but I find that if I do not use a tablespoon and use a dessertspoon instead I have issues with hatch rate. 2 teaspoons = 1 dessertspoon. I always measure out the water as well, never guess.

You are referring to Larnce Witchman I assume, from Burkhart Fisheries (Top of the South Conference 2008) Alan?

His hints were;

- 24g/litre salt/water

- 1gm/L cysts (there's approx 5g per level teaspoon)

- Good aeration required but not enough to cause surface to foam

- Airstone not needed, just air line

- 28C is optimum temperature

The marbles haven't all rolled under bed then. Got most right other than the temperature a bit low. His cysts are very good quality and very small nuplii ---good for small fry. They are more difficult to get a good hatch with but worth it if you can get them ,or similar from USA.