Guppy fry

Bristle

They will see them as food.

A fry tank would be good (do not use a breeding trap) or just get a lot of fine leaved plants (Java moss, cabomba, ambulia etc) for the fry to hide in. Remember, they reproduce so quickly you will not want to save all the fry each spawning or you will quickly be over-run!

Depends on the strain.

For example my Swallows, Red Chest and Glass Belly won't touch their fry at all. The adults stand in the middle of a big swarm of and just move around very carefully. The White Platinum will ignor their fry up to a certain population and than start eating them. The Double Swords, Flamenco Dancer and most of the Albino Strains hunt their fry and without big piles of plants no fry will survive.

To answer your question:

Extra 20ltr tank with heaps of plants for the female to drop and than remove her as soon as she is finished.

Cheers,

JaSa

Depends on the strain.

For example my Swallows, Red Chest and Glass Belly won't touch their fry at all. The adults stand in the middle of a big swarm of and just move around very carefully. The White Platinum will ignor their fry up to a certain population and than start eating them. The Double Swords, Flamenco Dancer and most of the Albino Strains hunt their fry and without big piles of plants no fry will survive.

To answer your question:

Extra 20ltr tank with heaps of plants for the female to drop and than remove her as soon as she is finished.

Cheers,

JaSa

Wow didn't realise that some ignored their fry and some loved to eat them :slfg: There's quite a few plants in there as of now, and last night I scored alot of a unknown plant which took over the tank I got them from, they didnt have any ferts, liquid co2 etc. The plants really tall and will bend over at the surface hopefully give enough cover for my next batch of fry due next week. Thanks :thup: