Odd snails

Benjansss

Ok so I have a ton of these odd snails in my tropical tank they are about 0.3 by 0.3 cms long and very flat they are a light brown to sum it up they look like little flattened ram horn snails anyone know what these are they don't eat the plants

Looks a lot like the one on the glass in the frist pic but mine are a solid brown and I do have a good water prof camera I got for my b-day I just have no idea what so ever how to get pics on to the computer let alone this website

I do have a good water prof camera I got for my b-day

Sounds like it should have a manual.

I just have no idea what so ever how to get pics on to the computer

Plug it into the computer with the cable that came with it, if that fails read the manual.

let alone this website

Get a photobucket account. Go to photobucket.com, click "Sign up" and follow the instructions.

It came with no wire I

How are you supposed to get the pictures off it? What kind of camera is it?

do have photo bucket but I find the instructions very unclear

It literally couldn't be much easier.

Click on Upload.

Drag and drop the photo onto where it says "Drag 'n Drop photos & videos here"

Once done uploaded click on the photo or go into "Library" and click on it.

Then click on "direct" on the right hand side. That loads the address so you can paste it.

Come back to your post on the fishroom, click on "img" up near the top. Paste the address between the {img} and {/img} tags.

Submit.

Here, an example. It took me literally about 60 seconds to create an account, figure out how to upload a picture, upload it, figure out how to get the link and then to post it.

calmato%20wip_zpsxczgievq.jpg

That does look a lot like that but a solid brown and the ram horn snails you get at the pet stores are the size of a 50 cent coin and more 3d

You have the wrong snail. Ramshorns are tiny, great for puffers and dwarf chain loaches.

Tell you what, you take a photo and email it to [email protected] and I will post it on here for you.

That does look a lot like that but a solid brown and the ram horn snails you get at the pet stores are the size of a 50 cent coin and more 3d

Did you actually read the article I posted at all? Or did you just look at the first picture and make up your mind?

Brown ramshorn snails are the smallest of the lot, topping at about 3mm in size! Red ramshorn snails can get slightly bigger, however. Ramshorns were my first snails to be introduced into my tank, and I have no regrets keeping them! These guys are excellent at eating spare food, and larger fish will happily pick away at them.

Ramshorn snails also lay their eggs in the gelatinous blobs just like pond snails, however I have found them far too small to see!

You don't get ramshorn snails at the petstore, as they are too tiny. I also already said they only get to a few millimetres big.

I have the snails you're talking about in my tanks. They're ramshorn snails.

You don't get ramshorn snails at the petstore, as they are too tiny. I also already said they only get to a few millimetres big.

I have the snails you're talking about in my tanks. They're ramshorn snails.

I haven't had much luck propagating ramshorns, but the ones I got off someone to try and breed were in the 10+mm range. Significantly bigger than your average pond snail or malaysian trumpet snail. Given good growing conditions they'll grow to be the biggest of the three. (Apple snails obvious MUCH bigger)

Yes what you i have and those other ones are the ones from animates but there they are brown or blood red and I did read it I was just confused because the ones at animates are what I've always known as ramshorn snails

The Ramshorn seem to be very easy to get. I have a tank with no plants whatsoever and even it got them... and they multiply very quickly if there are no loaches. I reckon they come with the tap water. I have only ever had one tank that didn't get them and that tank I used to put a bit of salt in with every water change.