importing plants

Mat_hunt

• 1 month later...

Oh it's doable, but if you get caught then you'll go to jail.

A few veteran members of the forum might remember Henry - he was a nice guy, had amazing planted tanks, I bought a number of plants off him (nothing exotic). I was impressed to see that he even had a Madagascar Laceleaf.

Then... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10445379

so if u post them to an address from other country without declaring , u ll get caught oops didn't know that cant blame on the sender ??lol , bought few ial leaves last day from Thailand and it came declared as presents too lol

I had a visit from MPI after buying a plant on trademe from Mr Tan. Took them nearly a year to turn up and I had managed to kill the plant off by then so had a good look around and a coffee before departing. I had a lot of plants growing emersed in a small glasshouse I had built and they were interested in what they were and took lots of photos. I have never heard from them again. I know someone who bought Whites tree frogs from trademe and lost them as well as a pair of green iggies to a visit from MPI.

so if u post them to an address from other country without declaring , u ll get caught oops didn't know that cant blame on the sender ??lol , bought few ial leaves last day from Thailand and it came declared as presents too lol

Well that is something I wouldn't be proud of stating. That is the very reason MPI are clamping down so tightly on aquarists. IAL sometimes have to be fumigated before being released.