Biotodoma cupido, any around? ever in NZ?

hovmoller

Did you try searching?? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44114&p=478353

:slfg:

They were imported in 2010 with the other rare fish (festae, synos etc) that came in from Glaser in Germany (IIRC). I'm pretty sure Supasi bought the lot. He got a group when they first came in, then after the rest had sat at HFF for months without anyone else being interested he got the rest of them. Maybe it was their age and/or the LFS-tanks, but they looked pretty bland compared to some of the pics you see online.

I haven't seen Supasi post for ages so no idea what happened to them.

Must be about time for another shipment from Glaser I reckon, especially when they have captive bred Altums for sale.....

Yeah they're becoming more and more available throughout Europe and Asia, hopefully it's only a matter of time before we see them here. By all accounts they're hardier and less fussy about water than wild caught adults (as expected) so they ship and quarantine better.

Thomas they're certainly nice little fish, I sometimes regret not making space when they were available, but probably would have had to sell them when we moved back up here anyway.

Hi, David is correct, I bought several on the first shipment. I loved them so much that I ended up buying HFF remaining stock for an agreed price.

They were a bit worse for wear when I got them, Some were skeletal.

I loved these little buggers and really wanted to keep them and try to breed them. They started to colour up nicely and get a nice pinky tinge and orangey/brown backs

Quite aggressive amoung themselves but placid to other species, ( kept with Lemon Tetras and L270s)

Unfortunately my interest in fishkeeping in general waned with the birth of my children and change of jobs, and the final tip was buying my first house. I decided to sell all my tanks and had a buyer for these ( I had on TM for a few weeks) but lost the tank load when I moved into my new house and discovered the damn power company had left us in the cold literally. No power for half a night and that meant I lost the fish as it was freezing cold and got a major ammonia spike.

Shame really as now I look back at these pics it makes me want them again.

They were the best to watch, sifting throughh the sand and digging pits and defending it from the others