L046

Jason1989

Hey guys are there many of these around in nz? Im moving back to nz later in the year so bin looking around 4awhile to see what's around but I don't seem to see many at all. Are there many people breeding them and what's the sort of going rate for these fish? I'm a huge pleco fan and these fish have bin on my to keep list for many years now. Looking at a few of the pleco posts on here you guys have some amazing fish!! Can't wait to start my own little collection :)

$400 is super cheap I was thinking they would be around the$750 mark. Little off topic here but every country seems to have that big dollar pleco here in aus it's the royals prices are $100+ per cm of the fish. What's the big price fish there in nz? Guess it's a strange question but just putting it out there..

Not even allowed them here. Seen a thing on the news afew days ago a guy from Singapore had $230,000 worth of pleco in is bag all royals from what I could c in the photos and maybe red tail cats from what some1 said. The fish are all being killed but they went to afew of the guys mates places here in aus and found an Asian arow at 1 of the houses that was also taken and will be destroyed. Huge shame I was thinking maybe send all fish to a zoo or big aquarium but nope. I seen a banjo catfish today 4sale price was.. Wait 4 it... $300!!! Haha cam I'm going to need your help when I get home so please don't let me pay that kinda price. Urs would be worth a house dept!

Zebs would certainly be the most expensive species. I think I might export my L190s to Australia and retire!

:sml1:

17883_10204936745491436_766231830596064544_n.jpg?oh=24cc46f46974f6f910996add1545fbc1&oe=55904AC1&__gda__=1435861294_5b9aba0967cdb92114e88a8d73abf9d3

Well, maybe not retire, but I could put a bit of a dent in the mortgage at least....

I believe plecs like Panaque Spp. are expensive in Australia because they aren't being bred and can't be imported. And unfortunately the high price will make it very hard and unlikely for anyone to get a group of breeding-sized adults together to have a crack at it.

Yea that's very tru. There are afew big breeders over here and I'd say 1 of them would have afew of them. I read a breeding thing awhile ago where a guy had afew in a tank and 1day found a fry in his sump.. Was a little unsure about it as it was never updated and the little catfish could have bin anything really but what he said about the tunnels was a good read. Some1 may have2 have ago 1day

There was an article in Amazonas magazine about L27 being spawned in a tank in Asia. There was nothing exceptional about the fish or the set up, both were only around 12" IIRC and I think it was about a 4-5' tank. Hardest part is finding a compatible male and female of suitable size...