MysterY eggs

Benjansss

Today well I was collecting Java fern plantlets I found a egg pouch its clear with about five brown eggs in it it can't be snail eggs as my puffer ate all of the snails in that tank a long time ago I hav black neon tetars kuli louches and Albanio Corys in their (as well as the puffer)

Today well I was collecting Java fern plantlets I found a egg pouch its clear with about five brown eggs in it

Sounds like snail eggs.

it can't be snail eggs as my puffer ate all of the snails in that tank a long time ago

Apparently not.

I hav black neon tetars

They lay them scattered around on leaves and surfaces, but not in sacks.

kuli louches

Rare in aquariums, apparently lay eggs under the substrate

and Albanio Corys in their

Laid scattered on surfaces randomly

(as well as the puffer)

Apparently lay their eggs scattered on leaves.

So...If your description of them is accurate, the only likely source is snails.

Also, get a camera.

If you read my full post you're sure to see it says its a dawn puffer

You shouldn't be rude to people who are trying to assist you. Your response should have been 'it's a dwarf puffer'.

The dwarf puffer will, one night, start killing off your fish one by one.

If the tetras pick on it, it's actually quite possible it's sick. It's very unusual for a puffer to be the one being picked on. If you haven't already, it may be worth putting a picture up so that we can make sure it's healthy. A lot of puffers come in with worms (due to being wild-caught) and need de-worming - I personally recommend Praziquantel for this.

My rule is Convex, not Concave - if its abdomen is facing inwards at all it's quite possibly a sign of internal parasites.

They are also highly sensitive to water quality, so any issues with the water can quickly cause sickness.

I assume you are feeding him live/frozen foods daily rather than prepared foods? It is also IMO well worth keeping snails as a part of their staple diet.

A lot of fish won't start harassing others/show their true behavior until they're are a bit older.

Just because you have had it in a community until now, and so has someone else DOES NOT mean that it will stay that way.

Good examples are the Chinese algae eater and Black Ghost Knife.

Being your age, I know you'll ignore all this advice, but I suggest you at least read up extensively about dwarf puffers and then make your own decision.

"Aggressive."

"Best kept alone or with smaller fast tank mates."

"Otos are OK, slow moving fish will be nipped."

"Not recommended for a community."

I didn't want all this about the puffer I just wanted to know about the eggs and the second the puffer attacks another fish it will go in the floating cage in there and will get a new home (if it does) sure most puffers are aggressive but a few aren't just like with fighters

I'm afraid that's not how it works with puffers. You will also quickly find a puffer in a floating trap will become stressed and sick. This is for two important reasons:

- it is open and they require hiding places. Floating cages are stressful for most fish, especially puffers.

- puffers are highly intelligent and easily bored. It will struggle to live in a small empty space for even a short amount of time.

I have had extremely sick (on their death beds) puffers in traps before (mostly for feeding when lethargic) - they regularly just jumped back out of the trap, even when eg having not eaten for weeks and being "skin and bone". Putting a puffer in a floating trap for any extended period of time is probably the most stressful thing you could expose it to.

I'm starting to see a trend with your threads. You ask a question about something you see, but not provide any pictures to go with it. You get given multiple answers from very experienced people who only want to help you get the best out of this hobby, which you ignore. When someone asks for a photo to help clarify your question, you give an excuse and suddenly you don't want to know anymore.

:-?