AGM & CONFERENCE 2015 DATES & INFO

Adrienne

Hosted by KapiMana Aquarium Club the 2015 Conference is set for Queens Birthday weekend ( Saturday 30th - Sunday 31st

May 2015 )

The AGM will be held on Saturday 30th May at the Linden Community Centre in Tawa Wellington.

There will be some activities (trips) on Sunday.

Accommodation: There is a motel available in Tawa (Bucket Tree Lodge) or either in Johnsonville or Porirua. Both only 10 minutes drive from venue. Free billets will be available and pick up from accommodation to venue for those with out cars should not be a problem.

Registration will be Saturday morning, although a get together can be planned for early arrivals on Friday.

Pickup and drop offs to train, ferry or airport can be arranged for those requiring it.

For specific information about travel or accommodation options, contact the KMAC Secretary (Dominique Hawinkels)

027 231 0409 or 04 232 5806 or jeandom@xtra.co.nz

A registration fee has not been set, but if there is one it should be minimal.

Evening meals have not been factored in at this stage as this is dependent on expected numbers attending.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clubs, please forward any remits to be considered at this AGM to secretary@fnzas.org.nz by 14 March 2015.

Clubs, please send any changes of delegates to secretary@fnzas.org.nz by 14 April 2015. Further details will be posted as they come to hand.

Would you please send at least one representative to the meeting. It is the best way for your members to find out what is going on. There are airfare specials around and it would be nice if you would contribute to your representatives costs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As with any AGM all positions are up for grabs.

The following positions do require filling as the current office holders are stepping down for differing reasons (most have been in their roles for a number of years) -

President

Secretary

Treasurer

Breeding Co-ordinator

The Executive needs people who will actively promote the Federation and it's Clubs, be it through the internet or in the community. People who will follow through on their promises.

Support will be given particularly to those taking on one of the bigger roles on the Executive.

All Executive positions, President, 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, Breeding Co-ordinator, Editor and three Executive Committee are required to be filled.

Please consider taking up a position. If you have any questions email secretary@fnzas.org.nz

Thank you :f77:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The constitution states that clubs are to forward Conference Delegates names by 14 April. Clubs do not need to wait until their next AGM to decide who will represent them at conference.

If the names of conference delegates are not received then the delegates previously elected are the ones given the voting rights. Documents for the AGM will be posted to them at the beginning of May to take to their club May meeting.

If clubs choose not to give me the names of conference delegates then so be it. It will be up to you to chase the documentation down.

Thank you Tasman and Christchurch for giving me your information.

Upated details

Friday 29th May 2015

- Attendees arrive in Wellington.

- Exec Meeting - Time to be organised by Exec. (A KMAC member’s home will be made

available for this meeting as internet access can be made available for meeting)

- Depending on where delegates and visitors are staying we may arrange a low key

evening get-together or dinner.

Saturday 30th May 2015

- Conference venue will be open from 9am and meeting will start at 10am ( Venue is

the Linden Community Centre, Collins Ave, Tawa ) Map will be sent out closer to

date.

- Morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided at venue.

- Afternoon is set aside for AGM over-run and guest speakers, plus discussions.

Topics will be Dave Cooper - 2 talks

(1) Recent visit to UK to Report on visit to UK to investigate aquarium industry

qualifications system, heaps off backroom stuff.

(2) The work of the Maharani Technical Institute ; Conservation Fish Hatchery.

(3) There will also be opportunity to quiz Dave on his trip to Aquarama in

Singapore the previous weekend.

Clinton Duffy (NIWA) - 1 Talk

(1) The Great White Shark

- Evening will be a BBQ up at a members home on the Kapiti Coast. Transport to and

from venue will be provided.

Sunday 31st May 2015

- Day trip out and about through Wellington focusing on Te Papa and the ANZAC

exhibit and behind the a look at the Te Papa marine exhibits lab ( lots of weird

animals in bottles, etc) Lunch provided.

- Evening we will have a social dinner. Venue and time yet to be confirmed.

Monday 01 June 2015

Attendees farewelled.

• 3 weeks later...

Adrienne.... those of us who aren't execs etc what days / times can we show up.I'm a welly local and wanna just meet people and hang out and get the feel for how this works.

And I can hear Darren from here... and I'm willing to help out where needed also... Dom this is ur heads up lol

Adrienne.... those of us who aren't execs etc what days / times can we show up.I'm a welly local and wanna just meet people and hang out and get the feel for how this works.

And I can hear Darren from here... and I'm willing to help out where needed also... Dom this is ur heads up lol

Hi Maxine,

Send me an email. You are more than welcome to turn up and assist whenever you would like.

Darren

Hi Adrienne,

Just discovered yesterday that what I thought I was doing on the weekend of the Wellington trip fell through, so I would be really keen to go. Is there any additional info I need to know?

Sorry for this being somewhat last minute :/

Here are your Executive and Patrons for the forthcoming year -

Patron - Grant Simpson (MAC)

Vice Patrons - Caryl Simpson (MAC), Gael Eastwood (SAAWGS)

President - Mark Paterson (BFRC)

Vice Presidents - Jennifer Hamlin (CTT), Geoff Hagland (AFA)

Secretary - Cam Scott (TAC)

Treasurer - Jamie Webb-Speight (AFA)

Editor - Darren Stevens (UHAS)

Breeding Co-ordinator - Adrienne Dodge (MAC)

Executive Committee - Alex Fleming (AFA), Jamie Blanch (MAC), Aakash Sarin (MAC).

Thanks also to James Butler (CTT) and Maxine Lynch (UHAS) for putting your hands up to come on board and be an active part of the Exec. :)

CONGRATULATIONS to Alan Minnery (CTT) for becoming the newest FNZAS Life Member. Alan has been an active member of the FNZAS for many many years and this award is well deserved.