KiwiGal77

Mosquito/Chili Rasbora

Has anybody had any experience with these little guys? They look like a good schooling candidate for my small community tank to go with cory and 1 honey gourami, and I would be able to have 10 of them. Much better option than getting another type of slightly larger schooling fish but only being able to have 5 or 6 :)

I haven't seen them at Hollywood before and they're not on their list, but have flicked them an email. Carine Garden Centre in Tauranga and Pure Aquatics in Waikato both have them on their websites (about $4.40 a fish), so they must be available in NZ.

Any comments on them greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hollywoods often have them in, the wholesalers may not have them available atm. Give them a call.

Also give Ron at New Pupuke Aquarium Centre in Northcote a call and see if he has them.

I've read a few posts on here about them, but they all seemed to be 2012 or earlier so was wondering if they weren't available any more.

Sounds like everyone who has them really like them :)

I just received an email back from HFF saying they aren't available for them to order. I don't know if that means at this present time, or at all. Might ring Mt Roskill, as I believe the website email enquiries go to Albany?

That means the importers haven't imported any and it's not available at the moment. Shops get their fish from importer/wholesaler and at the moment they don't have any in stock so shop won't be able to get them.

Ron

Have you thought about some Ember Tetras instead. They are also small, and great schoolers. Plus once established they go a nice deep orange colour.... a bit like embers in the fire. :wink:

Yea did look at them :D

Thinking I'll just go with Harlequins. Now I'm planting the tank up I think it would look beautiful with a nice school of Harlequins swimming around and then the Corys down the bottom :)