Betta breeder - just saying hello

maxxi1

haha, Right Thought i would introduce myself to you fellow breeders, a few of you already chat with me on other forums or have met me or we have traded.

So

Right I'm Based in Wellington, my name is Maxine (yes im female alot of people think im male as i go by the name max alot)

and i have been breeding siamese fighters for about 3 years now.

I'm currently working on a betta barracks of which is at the moment only tanks and a shelf, but I am getting there.

Current fighters in my possession (this includes a few of my mothers who i also consider breeders)

white and red dumbo Hmpk ( this line I'm working on white elephant ears only, I have about 6 in total (male and female siblings) who are pure white who are going to make gen 2 etc etc)

Red salamander (lavender) HMPK. these were a cross from super red hmpk and salamander.. all but 2 were salamander.

Black Orchid Crown Tail - male only, however we have a spawn from him and a steel blue female, a few babies are showing red but (yay) a few are not

Mustard Gas Crown Tail - no suitable female at current.

Super Red HM DT - female is growing at current and is about 2 months old. shes a super red hmpk but with the crosses i will need to do to get the dt geneo back should be okay!

Standard red / blue Crown tail - hes not a breeder unless i want to just get some CTS into wellington, however no current suitable females for him. he also has a weird marble effect where he moults all his blue off and goes pink then it grows back, hes done this all his life so im not sure what would happen to fry yet.....

Dragon blue and red HMPK - no current suitable female.. this is a work in progress!!!

Blue and Orange HM (dragon gene) - also a work in progress to find a suitable female.

currently the areas im focusing on are the white dumbos... and i would like to work on the dt line and also the crowntails, however they will be side projects and will not get my full attention.

So as you can see i have a fair selection, however i also have a very clear way forward and am very critical on the fish i produce. I breed towards the bettas4all international standards as we dont have any show standards in NZ currently.

I have been on the forums before but ( i have so much more wisdom behind me now lol )

Thanks and once i figure out how to get pics on here which i think i know i may post some pictures.

• 8 months later...