Aqua one CF1200 filter stop working help plz

aaron11

Hi guys all was going well until I noticed the filter had stopped working

And a small puddle on the floor I dont know how long it was like this.

Ive turned it off the top was quiet warm

I taken off the top shall i clean and reassemble???

Any help appreicated please.

I have a spare interenal one I can put in there until I can get it fixed.

Not in the position to buy a new one at the moment ideas please !!!!

I have had probs with cf1200 cannisters before. They sometimes draw air from the shut off valves and leak try removing them and putting the hoses directly onto the filter.

Thanks mate ive cleaned it as it was due..it was only a small leak is this what yous does?

Its wrecked the varnish on my floor a bit where its leaked last time was the taps !!!

Are all externals like this??? im getting carpet soon i dont want to ruin that hehe

Cleaned, it checked everything took the impropellor out and cleaned that it was very dirty and had a lot of black stuff on it

Then set it up, ran the spray bar int he bucket like you are meant too.

Put my finger over it and then put it back in the tank and plugged it back it no avail

I took the top off and fiddled around with the imprellor and it made lots of noise but its not working

It was second hand and very noisy when I got it..

If i cant get it going i have a tank with one fish in it that has an internal ehiem filter in it can I just pop that in until something is sorted?

I wonder if it ran dry and is buggered?? it has been very noisy as stated up there

I have put my ehimen 2008 in there until I can get a new external or fix it

Honestly I cant cope pissing around with this ive hurt my back again its annoying

Can anyone tell me please is there a smaller external that will fix in my Aqua one AR620 I know they make smaller models

Or am I going to have the same primer model

Thank you to the lovely lady who gave me this I dont want to sound ungrateful

I have noticed a marked difference in my fishes welfare since using externals , the fish are happier I can keep more in the tank and ive had no deaths or anything

I have put my ehimen 2008 in there until I can get a new external or fix it

Honestly I cant cope pissing around with this ive hurt my back again its annoying

Can anyone tell me please is there a smaller external that will fix in my Aqua one AR620 I know they make smaller models

Or am I going to have the same primer model

Thank you to the lovely lady who gave me this I dont want to sound ungrateful

I have noticed a marked difference in my fishes welfare since using externals , the fish are happier I can keep more in the tank and ive had no deaths or anything

It might just me the impeller and shaft that need replacing. Take the head in to the local and see if they will test a new impeller in there for you...

Well the filter is not running I would sit the media trays in the tank to keep the bacteria alive

Ive had enough of this filter its going in the bin its had it

Anyone got any ideas of another one that would be good?

its a 90 litre (I think) Aqua One AR620 the trickle filter the power head ran dry so thats no good.

Id love another external wot about one of the smaller aqua one externals or is that going to be just as painful??

Would a smaller one fit in my cabinet?