Suspected White Spot on Bully

Silverdollarboy2

It has only been 1 week, the spots that are still 'showing' were probably already attached to the fish. In cold water the life cycle is very slow - about 3 to 4 weeks.

Read this graphic:

C_irritansLifeCycle.gif

from http://www.livingreefs.com/threads/oh-no-i-have-ich-what-do-i-do.30950/

As you can see at 24+ deg it take nearly a week for them to grow on the fish, so just think how long they will take to grow at 18 deg. And remember to keep the salt in the water for a good few weeks (I may have said 1, I now think 2 - 3 would be better) after all symptoms have gone.

Yes, you are looking at a minimum of 21 days in cold water which is one cycle. It is important to remember that while you can see the cysts on the fish, the treatment will not be working on the ones visible to you. The cysts need to be detached to be in a form where treatment will work. They then fall to the bottom of the tank and multiply so keep the substrate or bottom of the tank as clean as you possibly can. The idea is to break the cycle so that they cease to multiply.

"Tests of the euryhalinity of G. huttoni showed that the species has high salt tolerance and can easily and actively live in undiluted sea water without prior acclimitisation by placement in diluted sea water." - McDowall (1965). Studies on the Biology of the Red-finned Bully Gobiomorphus huttoni (Ogilby) II.__BREEDING AND LIFE HISTORY. Transations of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Zoology, Volume 5.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...