Feeding my dat

camtang

So I am trying pretty dam hard to get my dat onto dry food. But it is not budging.

I have not feed live food for a couple weeks now and I am just to see it eat in that time. It still maybe at night however.

Any thoughts on getting it onto something that is not a guppy?

It is in with the other big fish, so would trying in its own tank be a smart move?

So I am trying pretty dam hard to get my dat onto dry food. But it is not budging.

I have not feed live food for a couple weeks now and I am just to see it eat in that time. It still maybe at night however.

Any thoughts on getting it onto something that is not a guppy?

It is in with the other big fish, so would trying in its own tank be a smart move?

Try a Fountain Submersible Pump along with Hikari Jumbo CarniSticks (This worked for me). Offer only one stick at a time by dropping them in front of the current. This should stimulate the fish's feeding response.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh yeah, I knew I was meant to reply too something.

Not yet, the tank is too large to do that. Once I move close the tank down I will put it in its own tank and try that, until then I will keep up with feeders once a week or 10 days and keep on trying with just putting food in the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

I have got it on to prawn now which is handy as and from time to time it nibbles at the odd bit of dry food, so that is a start.

Side note, it is taking the prawn by hand which is thing is pretty cool, but so is the arowana which I think may end up pretty scarey although they are both pretty gentle with it.... for now.