Arrived in Auckland!

fmueller

Finding a rental anywhere is hard work, I've been in the same place over 10 years and the owner wanted to sell and the rental market was a shock to how it has changed in that time. Most rentals are done through property managers who want you to view a property in the middle of the afternoon during the week and charge non-refundable letting fees. Then of course there's the pet issue, I have a cat and have now accumulated a few tanks over the years which puts many landlords off. Now to mention the cost to rent now - geez! Decided to just buy a house and be done with it, security and peace of mind and I get to keep my fish (and cat of course) :)

Anyway, welcome - loved the pics! I don't think I've seen spotted doves here, not in Wellington anyway.

Small fish are nice in that they can move to anywhere with enough space for a small desk. No need for room for paper and books on a desk now that a computer is enough, more room for tanks. Having a fishtank near a computer could be risky though.