Help please - sick golden ram

mangolm

Ram seemed to be off its food yesterday but otherwise healthy. This morning was acting normally. Tonight the ram was twirling when swimming and mostly hiding under the air hose. I have moved him to a breeder box within the same tank. His body is bent in half. His gills are redder than normal, and on the stretched side of the body the scales are raised.

Photo and video supplied - should I quarantine him? He doesn't appear to have any external disease, and I worry that the move to quarantine may be too much stress for him, but I of course don't want to put my other fish at risk. Does anyone know what this may be or how to treat?

http://youtu.be/S_K73tpVt5c

Gdygn7A.jpg

I should also mention, water change done 2 days ago and water tests normal (0,0,0)

0,0,0 aren't normal water parameters. You should have some nitrates in an established tank.

Unfortunately rams are a highly susceptible species to all types of diseases and ailments that doesn't effect most other fish. I dare say that it's too late to save him now from the look of him in that photo, kindest thing to do would euthanize it.