Eheim 2217

cartandpeg

Hi,

I posted going back awhile about fitting an additional filter to my Aqua One 980T,240ltrs.

After much deciding if I should go for a cheaper brand I settled on the Eheim 2217 canister.

I jumped on it as the price was pretty good,complete with all the you beaut media.

I am hoping I can fit it along with the existing filter.

After seeing the size of the hoses etc,I am having a few, should I, should'nt of I moments.In regards if I can do the mods to make it fit.

So I am looking basically for some reassurance that I have done the right thing.

I realize now it is too late as it is in the post.

So any thoughts please.

Thank you.

I removed the original hood filter from my AR980 (they're crap) and replaced it with an Aqua One CF1200 external filter, the only mod I had to do was cut the hole bigger where the tubing comes out from the lid and down the back of the tank.

I'm petty sure the Eheim tubing is smaller than the Aqua One so you may get away with not having to make any changes to accomodate the new filter.

I fill the exsisting filter area with filter wool and run the spraybar across that, amazing how much crap it collects.

Cheers for that LYNDYLOO,

I have actually worked out where it is going to go and how now, as I have decided to use the existing as well.So the outlet end is the mod end.If that all works for me then I will put another smaller canister the other end,then take the existing one out.Thanks.