C02 leaking.

camtang

So a couple of months ago I thought mt co2 was running out fast. I decided to take dates of when I got it refilled. The first time was just under a month and this last one was 20 days and I had even turned it down from the month before.

I know all systems are different but I think a 5kg tank should last longer than 20 days for a 750L aquarium. Would I be right in assuming that?

If so, would a faulty or leaking solenoid system be a potential cause or this excessive use?

Thanks

Whenever you fill it up or reset it up you test for leaks around the joints by making a diluted dishwash solution and painting this on to all the joints and this will show you if there are any leaks. Some joints are a pad against a flat surface (connection to cylinder) and others will be ptfe taped. There is a special tape for CO2.

No reason you can't do it now, why wait?

Because the cylinder is empty, so without gas I would suspect it would not produce a noticeable show.

How many bpm are you running and how many hours a day?

Don't have a bubble counter. I use a drop checker and it is always at the acceptable/required level of lime green.

8 1/2 hours a day from memory.