Lighting and plant question

Aracnabat

I have nearly got my tank setup to the point where I can start thinking about what plants I'll put in it.

The tank is 122cm L x 42cm H x 45cm D.

I plan on putting 3 36 watt (4 foot) T8s (1 double and 1 single) over it at this stage. I'm not sure how much of a difference it make but the lights will be about 10cm (possibly less) from the surface of the water.

The tank will also be opposite some full length windows/door. However there shouldn't be any direct sunlight (not ideal but it is the only location suitable).

The substrate will just be gravel.

I plan on going low light/low tech to begin with at least. Will the lighting be enough (too much??)?

In terms of plants I plan on going down the java fern, java moss, anubias, and possibly some crypts path but I am looking for some other options that will do well in this set up. If there are any what would you recommend?

Cheers

Gareth

3 T8s will be plenty. If going with the above plant list I would only run 2 for 6hrs a day or 1 for 10hrs a day. If you want to run 3 (especially on a longer photoperiod) then you will need CO2, liquid fertilisers and faster growing plants. It all depends on the sort of setup you wish to have, low tech (slow growing) or high tech (fast growing).