borneo suckers

mangolm

The only breeding setup I have seen for them was a 8ft or thereabouts tank, set up like a river bed with large flat rocks, a good amount of current and some plants - in other words like a river bed. The rocks had moss like river moss on them and I think the substrate was more a sand base but its been a long time - about 15 years since I saw it so I may be wrong about the substrate.

Mine laid eggs in the 140l when i had silica sand, dug a little hole by a stone with their tails...and a guppy promptly ate the eggs. I switched to flourite soon after and while they are very active they dont seem to want to mate again. bit unfortunate. I have a 90cm air line and a tankmaid just for current and aeration - it blows out very fine bubbles. Have to keep turning the air tube down otherwise my water gets cloudy with air.

I would love to set up a dedicated river tank, maybe with mountain minnows as well as the borneos, but my BF and my apartment have reached their limit...