Giant leopard Gecko:

Montyfish

It is more likely just fat. Feeding too much or the wrong food tends to mke them fat and it causes fatty liver and damage to internal organs so it is not good. They are movement stimulated feeders so if you wiggle food in front of them they will eat it even though they don't need it. It is a bit like waving chocolate in front of a child.

I think if people started feeding their reptiles properly and not treating them like starvin marvin theyd grow to a better size. My one year old frogs are bigger than the 6+ years old. And gecko well they be grown hard on just 2/3 feeds a week.

and lets face it. if some of the past leopard geckos haven't been smuggled in id be very surprised. lps in nz could carry any and every trait there is out there. dream a little.

Also giants are little more complex than your mack snow, simple artificial selection of the largest geckos and your chances for a 'giant' genetic mutation skyrocket.

I think you got the comment back the front?

For it to be considered a giant they would have to produce offspring 100% of that trait, this couldn't be achieved in 3 generations.

there's always going to be bollocks where ball bags are involved :rolfl:

straight out assuming Montyfish's gecko is fat is a bit un-welcoming. Conversation should be encouraged here. Atleast your honest though, ill give you that.

and if geckos havnt been muggled with then full credit to you. the animals about now look amazing considering what I thought the originals looked like.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone feel unwelcome. I have seen a few obese leopard geckos lately and have a thing about treating animals poorly (which is what overfeeding is as well as underfeeding). A free and frank discussion is always good so I will be free if you want to be frank.

Its alright, I understand where you are coming from. I don't think he's obese as far as I can tell Ill get some pics up here. His feeding has been the same for about a year now, food every three days either crickets or mealworms. Also I dont have to wiggle them in front of him. His mealworms go in a bowl (which he looks in every night) and I let crickets loose in his enclosure.

looks solid .. even if less on the middle it looks like it would still well out weigh my one that I thought was a good size (pic above)

p.s edit your post - go to facebook click the code with img in front of it - to the right of your pics. put that as the link (ctr v) - click preview -- they should come up - then post..