Tame water dragons

gocada

• 2 weeks later...

with a big enough enclosure, mostly males will become tame enough to climb your leg or stand on ya feet to get at locusts,cicadias e.c.t generaly in the summer season where temps are hot enough to make them feel secure and aggresive enough . outside enclosures that is! from what I have seen ,inside adult waterdragons with way too small enclosures 4 foot 6 foot 8 foot fishtanks ect become unnaturaly tame and become almost retarded as they don't have the space ,natural weather patterns,real sunlight,seasons e.c.t to act naturaly. never seen one as tame as an inland beardie but I put that down to domestication due to inbreeding,line breeding and the same lack of natural conditions and small inside enclosures! next time your in Australia try handeling a wild inland beardie! hope you got gloves.. then go to any park and feed a freerange waterdragon. ill take a waterdragon over an inland beardie any day. still inlands make great pets for kids and teach them to like reptiles.... p.s I think the reason inlands are so expensive and in demand is due to crap genetics and crap fertility and before you jump up and down and rant about it,answer this .if inlands can have up to 4 clutches of 12 to 24 eggs a season and they have been available to the general public for 10 or so years why arnt they $50 a pop and free to a good home? do the math do the research and then rant back at me! either crap genetics or crap husbandry. p.p.s if you don't like my crap spelling either put a spell check on this site or get over it! :lar: :dnc1: :facepalm: !drool: :sick: :cofn: :facepalm: :cofn: :):D :lol: :nilly:

with a big enough enclosure, mostly males will become tame enough to climb your leg or stand on ya feet to get at locusts,cicadias e.c.t generaly in the summer season where temps are hot enough to make them feel secure and aggresive enough . outside enclosures that is! from what I have seen ,inside adult waterdragons with way too small enclosures 4 foot 6 foot 8 foot fishtanks ect become unnaturaly tame and become almost retarded as they don't have the space ,natural weather patterns,real sunlight,seasons e.c.t to act naturaly. never seen one as tame as an inland beardie but I put that down to domestication due to inbreeding,line breeding and the same lack of natural conditions and small inside enclosures! next time your in Australia try handeling a wild inland beardie! hope you got gloves.. then go to any park and feed a freerange waterdragon. ill take a waterdragon over an inland beardie any day. still inlands make great pets for kids and teach them to like reptiles.... p.s I think the reason inlands are so expensive and in demand is due to crap genetics and crap fertility and before you jump up and down and rant about it,answer this .if inlands can have up to 4 clutches of 12 to 24 eggs a season and they have been available to the general public for 10 or so years why arnt they $50 a pop and free to a good home? do the math do the research and then rant back at me! either crap genetics or crap husbandry. p.p.s if you don't like my crap spelling either put a spell check on this site or get over it! :lar: :dnc1: :facepalm: !drool: :sick: :cofn: :facepalm: :cofn: :):D :lol: :nilly:

Thanks sneaky, and no i will not try to rant back at you about this topic :slfg:. I am almost clueless when it comes to selling/breeding dragons........

I had 200 bd eggs one season, when I was enthusiastic about reptiles, and maybe had a dozen hatch in the end. my incubation methods weren't the full quid but still.

reason I got some geckos recently is that i was inspired by Alans success. Got a pair else where in mean time ... every one hatched to date has been deformed so far, culling animals is not why we do it :facepalm:

Only thing that has ever bred and or cant be stopped for me is my good old red eared turtles. possibly other turtles and water dragons seem good in nz too.

lots to work on out there though huh, or be it not much at all.

Deformed baby leps could be incubation methods. If you smarten up on that then you can determine if it is that or a genetic problem with the breeders. My guess is that there will be heaps of leps around next season and the price will come way down. Beardies --who knows. I gave up breding red ears as they have become throw away pets and there are too many neglected ones out there. There could be a heap of painteds around next season--hopefully at a sensible price.

Deformed baby leps could be incubation methods. If you smarten up on that then you can determine if it is that or a genetic problem with the breeders. My guess is that there will be heaps of leps around next season and the price will come way down. Beardies --who knows. I gave up breding red ears as they have become throw away pets and there are too many neglected ones out there. There could be a heap of painteds around next season--hopefully at a sensible price.

same reason i stoped breeding waterdragons,when there cheap enough for an impulse buy,you know most of them are gona end up in a small fishtank,sick,dead or thrown out at western springs e.c.t :facepalm: