Peets 340L Planted Rescape

peet

DAY 1

Rescape of my tank - I've spent a fair bit of time looking through Amanos books and Youtube gallery over the last few weeks and couldn't bear to look at my old scape anymore. It was too symmetrical.... although no Amano masterpiece hopefully this one has better alignment to the golden ratio, also more open space vertically which I think is one of the key components of a good scape that is easy to lose.. sometimes less is more...this is hard when you want as many plants as possible in your tank. I'm looking forward to the glosso growing in the far-right, replacing some of the whiteness of the gravel which is currently giving it a washed out feel

2014-02-07-DAY1_zpsab9aa31f.jpg

• 11 months later...

Update of the tank 27 /01/2015.

After years of bba issues I finally bought a family of 5 Siamese algae eaters and my tank has never looked better! Highly recommend these critters. Just planted a lotus on the left side and glosso on the right. Can't wait for it to grow in.

2015-01-27%2020.15.14_zpsbypvucdm.jpg

Very nice. Interesting what you say about the SAE. I finally passed on my big SAE and replaced it with three smaller ones in my 450 litre tank. I had three more small SAE in another tank and caught two to add to the three, giving five in total.

Totally wiped out all my BBA which has been the constant bane of this high tech tank. Guess it's all about adding enough of them to be able to stop the BBA still spreading out of control.

wow verrry nice! awesome blend of green plants :)

BBA seems to always become an issue, it can be killed tough with a double dose of flourish excel. then i guess just keep adding a bit to keep it away or treat again when it comes back

i would just recommend to get rid of the macandra (?) in the back left as it looks a bit out of place/clunky/spread out to me. the colour takes away from the nice green medley elsewhere. also, although it's now nice and lush, i prefer the asymmetry of your feb 2014 pic for some reason. and the only other verrry minor thing i'd change is to have smaller fish so it gives the tank the illusion of being even larger. wicked job tho, is a lot of that plant actually growing on the wood?

cool to see lemon tetras, love those fish

Very nice. Interesting what you say about the SAE. I finally passed on my big SAE and replaced it with three smaller ones in my 450 litre tank. I had three more small SAE in another tank and caught two to add to the three, giving five in total.

Totally wiped out all my BBA which has been the constant bane of this high tech tank. Guess it's all about adding enough of them to be able to stop the BBA still spreading out of control.

I would like more SAE but since the one I have is just on 20cm now (tip to tip) I'm a bit reluctant to get more as it's only a 260 tank. Is it normal for them to get that large or is mine just a mutant? I have seen others over a year old and still less than half his length. :dunno:

But then I don't have a lot of BBA either, so I guess he's doing a good job. :bggrn:

• 2 months later...

I make my own micro and macro liquids and follow the pps system, so simple as have 2 pump top bottles which give me a measured dose each morning, I think tank is so much more stable than ei method. Weekly 25% water changes.

• 2 weeks later...