Aquascaping

StephanieRochelle

Having a wee looksee into Aquascaping.

I think that Aquascaping is fantastic.

Am starting smaller, with 2 70 litre tanks at this stage.

Have the white silica for the path, and coarser black silica for hill type things.

Couple of rocks and logs, but a bit funny about plants.

Will be 24-26 degrees, have a couple of spiny eels and loaches in one, and unplanned for the other.

Any plans that you could recommend, or ways to make this a little easier?

Thank you :)

always go much bigger with your slopes than seems 'normal'

ones you see in pictures that have big elevations and stuff don't always look like they are that high, until you see a side view of the substrate.

I have used rocks under the substrate before to assist with building up slopes (saves on substrate as well as helping hold it together)

Use wood and rocks together and amongst each other rather than separate, get plants right in there too and itll look great.

what are you tank dimensions roughly? at a guess around 80x30x30?

Exactly that in dimensions I believe

So you recommend building up with rocks, I have even taken a step further and ordered bonsai trees from eBay as I can't seem to find real ones suitable for the tank, size wise.

Wood and rocks will help seperate the colours of sand, I'm really going for a super "pretty" looking tank.

When I work out how to post pics off my mobile I will update how I'm getting on, and accept any other recommendations people have.

At least I know I'm in the right place!

Thank you :)