Latest hatch of N. Guentheri

matt_man

hmmm - not sure i can justify to the misses ANOTHER shipment of fish hahah, spent quite a bit lately.

On the bright side the wet peat storage method for the non annuals is quite successful - put a tray to water from the first 3 days they arrived and this morning there was a bunch of little fry swimming around - not bad considering i've only had them 18 days, will give them their first feed a bit later tonight when the egg sacks are completely gone. Should be big enough to photograph off my phone in a week or two.

Downside - seems the clown eggs are unfertilised, but thats OKAY! one thing at a time - still have 4 guppy strains keeping me busy and getting around 20 eggs a day off the p82's - can anyone tell me if the p82 is a gardneri or nigerianus? They look a heck of a lot like Fundulopanchax gardneri/nigerianus - I never had them in my fishroom when they got imported like 10+ years ago, so i never took note of their origins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lost my female choc australe over night. she stopped laying a few days ago. should have a female ready to spawn in a few weeks at the rate she's growing. hatched out about 40 choc fry over night and about 20 N. Guentheri got some P82 due to wet in a few days.

That is a bugger! ive not bothered with the golden australe yet but i do see some fry in their tank, got around 30 chocs tho - always liked them abit better - some of the males are starting to colour which is neat.

Ive now found FOUR striatum fry - so SURELY one will be male, two fat females doing nothing atm. Killing me cause they are literally my fav out of the 6 specie i have.

Apparently there is a fulla down south with nothobranchius rachovii - offered $100 just for a pair but nothing. bugger.

That is a bugger! ive not bothered with the golden australe yet but i do see some fry in their tank, got around 30 chocs tho - always liked them abit better - some of the males are starting to colour which is neat.

Ive now found FOUR striatum fry - so SURELY one will be male, two fat females doing nothing atm. Killing me cause they are literally my fav out of the 6 specie i have.

Apparently there is a fulla down south with nothobranchius rachovii - offered $100 just for a pair but nothing. bugger.

My chocs are colouring up nicely too. the P82's are really fast growing have a fair number of males already coloured up.

I've heard about there being Rachovii around just never found out who had them.