Pics on the site.

alanmin4304

I found the other day when I was loading my photos up that if I was logged into photobucket then I could not see my images via the forum, but as soon as I logged out of photobucket they became public again and I could see then via the forum.

Other than that spot of weirdness I was going to say the same as Phantom.

If you "quote" the post with the photo, then you can see the link, then you can copy the link to another browser and then you will get any error message direct from the hosting site, as opposed to just clicking the photo which may swallow the error message in one of the redirects.

Cheers

Windows xp but have the same problem with chrome

Pleased you still have your sense of humor, Xp is an operating system not a browser, but I'll assume you mean IE, and chrome.

It's a bit like grasping at straws, but the only thing that I can think of is either the photo hosting site is moving the photos around, or it may be something to do with the cache on your machine, but that just doesn't quite seem right, but never hurts either....

So.......

Test one,

Can you see the two pictures below. They are the same picture, just posted slightly different ways.

P1020401_zps4de8eb22.jpg

P1020401_zps4de8eb22.jpg

Cheers

At least that means it is your machine rather than anything else.

It could be that your temporary internet cache is full? Or corrupt? Or something else?

I think that the first thing would be to clear the cache.

Open internet explorer.

Click tools (top right corner on menu bar that has the internet addresses in it.)

Looks like a spikey wheel thing

Select internet options

On the general tab select delete which is in the browsing history section

Now it gets slightly confusing.

If you have FNZAS in your favourite then you need to make sure the top check box is NOT ticked.

Check the Temporary Internet files and website files box.

The rest are up to you, the only harm that can be done is that you will need to log in to any site that remembered your password.

Then click delete.

Next click settings, on the general tab again (beside the first delete button)

You may want to increase the "disk space to use" amount. It should be at least the maximum recommended.

Then just OK or whatever you need to do to get out of there, close down the browser and restart the machine and see if that fixes it.

Note that you are allowed to swear as often as you like.

Cheers

I doubt it's that as he stated it did it in Chrome as well as IE.

I'd be more inclined to think it is a DNS issue or some kind of internet security software.

If you press the windows key + r, then type cmd into the box that pops up and press ok, you should get a black box appear. In that box type

ping i295.photobucket.com

It should say a bunch of stuff like this:

Pinging cdn.photobucket.com.c.footprint.net [192.221.123.126] with 32 bytes of d

ata:

Request timed out.

Is the bit in [ ] the same for you? If not, let us know what it is.

The other thing it could be is the photo resizer built into these forums. I'll PM you a link to something running on our dev environment at the moment to see if the issue exists there for you.

The pictures all work this morning--must be xmas.

I have a little message that pops up and has for about the same time as this problem--could they be related--cuzzies even?

Eset Smart Security-Personal Firewall

Detected DNS cache poisoning attack

Remote IP address

Any ideas on how to fix both?

All I want for xmas is........