Looking for advice on LED lighting for my 300L tank

DennisP

I would like to use LED lighting on my tank. For a few reasons, but mostly because I want to try it out.

I will be building the canopy for tank soon (probably starting tomorrow), so I can make modifications if they are needed.

I have searched quickly online, but I have no idea what I am looking for in terms of wattage, brands, etc.

The tank will be mostly low light, but if I could have the option to switch between night, normal (low) and full on brightness that would be great, but I'm not 100% on how this would be achieved.

Ideally, I'd like someone to point me in the right direction and perhaps share some problems they have encountered. After all my years of fish keeping, I'm still a novice when it comes to lighting, so I'm in need of help.

:cr3:

Yep, thats them. Voltage is no problem as they come with a transformer and run on 12V DC. I got mine through http://www.kensfish.com they certainly aren't the cheapest units out there, but you get what you pay for IMO. Make sure you're looking at the Satellite+ (not just the Satellite) units so you get the adjustability.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...