What is 508 resoucre limit?

camtang

The hosting we have has limits on how many "resources" we can use.

Since the development sites are also hosted here and there are people working on issues on them, those development sites can often take all the resources. The problem should only exist for a second at most really, and you will only see the message if you're unlucky.

It shouldn't hang around for 10 minutes, that would have just been very unlucky with the refreshes or something major going on in the background.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this resource limit the same reason why clicking 'View your posts' doesn't bring up my posts in the speedy fashion that it used to?

View new posts and unread posts happens at the same speed but it seems to have trouble finding my posts quickly. It's been like this for about 2 or 3 weeks.

• 3 months later...

I have been moving things around to help with this issue. Unfortunately, the development sites need to stay there for now as they use things from the main site. These are only being used for reference now so the impact should be less. The latest development work is being done on a different server.

Fingers crossed it isn't much of a problem until we're done.