whos got what?

jc254

Looking to get back into reptile keeping...

kept water dragons, bearded dragons, snake necks, box tortoises... ect

Want something interesting... Moneys not a issue...

Let us know what you have for sale/coming up ect.

P.S im not Maf...

On a side note whats happening in the world on the legal side of strange reptiles in NZ?

Torts are still hard to come by. Leo morphs coming will be mack snows and from that eventually homozygous mack snows. There is the odd touch of new colours coming through but nothing seems to have been fixed yet. Some painted turtles were sold recently but not much has changed. There are probably a few people sitting on stuff they don't want to talk about--both legal and not legal---that is the nature of reptiles as you would be aware.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try some frogs/toads, newts, skinks or tortoises.

Quite a few tortoises sold on TradeMe recently, I would keep an eye out for them.

Some painted terrapins are around NZ, couldn't say where though.

If money is literally no concern then you could get an olympic sized swimming pool and find yourself a sea turtle!

what type of toads have been or are used for research here in NZ ?

(right, I seem to remember that there was also one in Queenstown airport 2 years or so ago, found as a stowaway in a boot from a tourist arriving from OZ)

cane toads were imported by the D.S.I.R back in the day for research. saw some at ti point reptile park about 20 years ago.they were from D.S.I.R.

but no true blood males

but hes crossing breeding red eared sliders with them to try get a close to full blood male plus if you get the girls you will get first dibs on a male in the future if you keep in touch would be cool to see some breeding progress in the next few years

Good to see. Someone bought up in another post on this site something you may have looked into, and that is the importing of sperm. There was no real response to that, I don't know if you have an answer to that? At the moment I have other priorities otherwise I would be interested in one of the River cooter turtles.

Good to see. Someone bought up in another post on this site something you may have looked into, and that is the importing of sperm. There was no real response to that, I don't know if you have an answer to that? At the moment I have other priorities otherwise I would be interested in one of the River cooter turtles.

That was me and still can't find anything on it. I think a IHS needs to be created like any other species... But would have better chances than for a live animal.

That was me and still can't find anything on it. I think a IHS needs to be created like any other species... But would have better chances than for a live animal.

what is a IHS ?

I have had a look into this as well (for Axolotl sperm) and was told that it only could be done frozen and no x-ray when it goes thru customs.