Show us your leos!!

reuben.a

Nope haven't seen any eggs yet at all. She's between 45-50 grams so just really hit breeding weight now.

Although I do not plan on breeding her myself.

That is a good weight. A female I got recently was producing viable eggs at just over 30g, surprisingly to me. .

I assume they still produce eggs even if not mated. 50g + seems the recommended weight online/overseas.

That is a good weight. A female I got recently was producing viable eggs at just over 30g, surprisingly to me. .

I assume they still produce eggs even if not mated. 50g + seems the recommended weight online/overseas.

Yea they still produce infertile eggs, haven't had any slugs from any of my adult females yet (beardies too).

The only ones I've had are couple of infertile ones from a breeding pair of coastals I had.

30g is pretty small for one to start producing would be surprising, hope you fattened her back up with lots of wax worms :):P.

she has put condition on despite laying (almost 40g now) 8 eggs so far and looks like another 2 coming. :o

I use crickets 99% of the time here. Better to condition an animal with quality food rather than high fat less natural foods like mealworms and waxworms I find.

I normally feed locusts that I breed myself, but have been feeding a lot more crickets from a breeder here as of recent (the reps were getting bored of their food), they're bloody noisy though lol.

I normally feed locusts that I breed myself, but have been feeding a lot more crickets from a breeder here as of recent (the reps were getting bored of their food), they're bloody noisy though lol.

if want some quality let me know :sml2:

now on to mr mack snow ... hes on the hunt . pic taken about 10 mins ago :P

gekou7i.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So the male you purchased from Alan is a female?

95% sure both are females. Here I was thinking Alan had a new way of determining the sex of young geckos.

Or I watched two males go at it < very unlikely but anything is possible, so I tell myself.

Been waiting for obvious sexual dimorphism from both. Still waiting, oh I did suspect this one to be forming eggs inside her belly. Yesterday put with my confirmed male and they mated straight away. So fairly certain 'he' is a she.

95% sure both are females. Here I was thinking Alan had a new way of determining the sex of young geckos.

Or I watched two males go at it < very unlikely but anything is possible, so I tell myself.

Been waiting for obvious sexual dimorphism from both. Still waiting, oh I did suspect this one to be forming eggs inside her belly. Yesterday put with my confirmed male and they mated straight away. So fairly certain 'he' is a she.

Two other people i know and myself purchased so called males which ended up being females. I think at this stage selling them as unsexed is the best bet.

Oh really, that is no good at all, wonder if the same deal with the beardies.

I'd be slightly annoyed if I didn't already have a male. Sort of wanted to try other combinations too but oh well. Should be more eggs than expected for me this year.

Just put the 'macksnow' and my male together and sure enough.

gekooo.jpg

• 2 months later...