Show us your leos!!

reuben.a

Thought id make a thread where people can show off their leos since more and more colour patterns and morphs are beginning to come out, would be cool to see what out there:D

I'll begin with a few pics of my female hi-yellow and one of my male :thup:

so heres the female,

null_zps9dfeb871.jpg

null_zpsd2e2775b.jpg

null_zpseb6b185b.jpg

null_zps765f3ba6.jpg

and here's the male i purchased recently,

null_zps286c0a44.jpg

u feed that girl much doesn't look well

Which girl? If you are talking about the one i got from you, I have been desperately trying to feed it but she refused to eat. remember. In the recent weeks she has finally been eating regularly and is eating crickets, mealworms and locusts. I am trying to fatten her up but hasn't been eating ever since i got her.

Your geckos may just be slow growers dragonz.

Hmm i doubt that to be honest. It all comes down to the keeper and the gecko itself, they will all have differet appetites and growth patterns just like we do so i dont think you can rule out all of them being slow growers. The top photo of my female is one i bought off dragonz and it was a march baby. Like i said before, i got her the same time as reptilez and they were sisters i believe from the same clutch? anyway shes 49grams as of yesterday too so she seems to have a nice growth rate and apetite, not to mention colour so thanks heaps dragonz!

cheers mate starting to get a lil pissed with geckos breeders in new zealand selling non hi yellows as hi yellows though sad and in my opinion alot of ppl getting ripped off

Can you give us buyers an easy way to tell if a leo is hi yellow looking at it from a hatchling? I am pleased with my leo. She isn't the biggest but is definitely growing. Thanks dragonz for the gecko! Love the yellow in her

What you are probably forgetting is that it is only a few generations ago that all the baby leps in NZ had the same father. from that people have kept their better babies as breeders and therefore the quality of hi yellows has improved over time. People can put up a picture of a hi yellow a few years old and it will not look as good as a younger one.They will have still bought that as a hi yellow. Some people select for less black to obtain an improvement and some people select for a darker yellow colour. In my experience most of the dark yellow colours are not stable and they lighten with age. What we consider a spectacular hi yellow in NZ would be considered complete rubbish overseas. If we all try to breed to improve what we have that is all we can do. Slanging off at the quality of other breeders stock will not improve the quality but good selective breeding will. Maybe we will end up with some spectacular stock like overseas given time.