Is Glass Silicone the same as Aquarium Silicone?

samuel90

Are these the same?

Do I just go to Mitre 10 Mega, get the cheapest Glass Silicone and a Caulking Gun, and start gluing my rocks for me underwater waterfall??

I've already made one with cement.... and got told not to use it. So I would like to know what to buy before I build this time. haha

THANKS

It'll up your pH but I don't think you'll have an issue with the cement - soak it for a while, blast it down with water and it should be good to go.

Otherwise, surely there's something you can coat the cement with? I'd hate to see all your hard work go to waste! I'm sure I've seen rock walls made with concrete before?

Are these the same?

Do I just go to Mitre 10 Mega, get the cheapest Glass Silicone and a Caulking Gun, and start gluing my rocks for me underwater waterfall??

I've already made one with cement.... and got told not to use it. So I would like to know what to buy before I build this time. haha

THANKS

Just make sure to get a silicone that says aquarium safe(Not many) or doesn't have any anti fungals or similar in it.

And concrete is fine, just increases your PH. Like Alex said just soak it for a while.

Just make sure to get a silicone that says aquarium safe(Not many) or doesn't have any anti fungals or similar in it.

And concrete is fine, just increases your PH. Like Alex said just soak it for a while.

Cement is ok? I just used a $11 bag I bought from Bunnings. How long is a while?

Cement is ok? I just used a $11 bag I bought from Bunnings. How long is a while?

Cement on its own probably wouldn't work well to hold the rocks together, hence why it's mixed with sand to make mortar or sand and crushed rock to make concrete. A few weeks should be fine if it's somewhere with a good flow of water, Under a downpipe would probably be perfect. If it's going in with africans a day or two would probably be good enough.

Cement on its own probably wouldn't work well to hold the rocks together, hence why it's mixed with sand to make mortar or sand and crushed rock to make concrete. A few weeks should be fine if it's somewhere with a good flow of water, Under a downpipe would probably be perfect. If it's going in with africans a day or two would probably be good enough.

• 3 weeks later...