Dwarf Puffer 35L Tank Journal

blondfish

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place the heater vertically on the Left side so next to the filter intake. That'll look heaps better and less cluttered, you want to avoid it looking like a load of big stuff in a small tank if you know what I mean.

Try to find angular stones rather than using the smooth river stones Then have a play around. Google iwagumi and you'll see the sort of shapes that look good either spread out or piled up.

Hope this helps

Place the heater vertically on the Left side so next to the filter intake. That'll look heaps better and less cluttered, you want to avoid it looking like a load of big stuff in a small tank if you know what I mean.

Try to find angular stones rather than using the smooth river stones Then have a play around. Google iwagumi and you'll see the sort of shapes that look good either spread out or piled up.

Hope this helps

Thank you!

Going to try this now :)

Thank you!

Going to try this now :)

Cool. Also you can try sloping your substrate, a squeegy makes this easy. Start with 1cm or so at very front and go from there. You can either go front to back or slope up towards the right corner. Helps give some perception of depth :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I never updated again. I tried moving the heater, unfortunately this didn't work as the inlet pipe is too close to the glass to allow enough room for the heater :/

I've moved the heater further up to the top, and I am hoping to purchase some plants from Carine or Trademe soon to have them grow and cover up the heater. Any suggestions to what plants would do this job?

Sorry I never updated again. I tried moving the heater, unfortunately this didn't work as the inlet pipe is too close to the glass to allow enough room for the heater :/

I've moved the heater further up to the top, and I am hoping to purchase some plants from Carine or Trademe soon to have them grow and cover up the heater. Any suggestions to what plants would do this job?

Get some Indian fern. just one 'lot' will do. It will grow at a nice moderate pace under your lighting and has a nice spread. then make a few cuttings and plant those, and before you know it youll have some dense coverage and having to prune it.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated this in such a long time!

Unfortunately, there won't be any more updates as Zeus sadly passed away earlier this week, presumably from old age. :tears:

I'm now in the process of setting the tank up for a dwarf puffer, which is what the tank was originally for before I fell in love with Zeus. I just need to buy some more plants and set up the snail tank and then I'll be able to get my puffer :D I'll probably set up another journal for people to follow my progress :)