what's to do or eat in Tairua?

Sophia

fishing rod, take your binoculars, heaps of native birds about, go spotlighting for native fish, go spot lighting for native drunks (both inhabit the lowland creeks) RELAX, heaps of nice walks nearby, stop by your local DOC office and meet the ranger, they are actually really nice up there, they will point you out some good spots to go that are off the beaten track.

You grew up there?! Me to :bggrn:

i grew up there.theres many things to do theres a great restraunt formerly a working ferry boat on the harbour.theres shells restraunt.drive up paku hill and see all the wonderful sights around there.absolutely beutiful place miss it alot

• 1 month later...

So.... we had fish and chips at Taste takeaways, walked around town and up Paku Hill and met Edwina the local cat who came all the way up with us. Stayed at Blue Water Motel which was pretty nice. Also visited the ocean beach and the Saturday market at the community centre which had some good home baking by a local aunty.

Drove to Hahei, tried to do Cathedral Cove but all the parking was full and I couldn't be stuffed walking from Hahei back up the hill.

I'd go back but probably stay at the campsite for cheaper funtimes.