why some peole just dont listen...

henward

love the way everyone sits in judgement

seller will do what they want to from their point of view

sounds like you want some cheap fish and you are annoyed that they won't sell at the price you want to pay

no, not really.

i saw the auction pop up twice. clearly there is a barrier to the sale.

either its priced too high, or someone doesnt want 3 lumbering oscars.

So i offered to buy oscars individually.

And they said no.

thats fine, i move on, later, the auction is still there.

when you sell something, there has to be a value proposition.

that can be the price, or the value of wha tyou are selling, value is not always money. it can be sentimental.

in this case, the price does not attract people, and the fish inside contributes to that.

if he separated the fish individually, and the tank. I would bet he is likely to sell them quicker.

his price for the fish in itself at $40 each is not horrendous, but you can get babies for $20 at the shop and unfortunately, in nz, the larger the fish, the less it is worth, that goes for arowanas too unfortunately, unless you get an avid collector that would be willing to pay for an adult fish.

So I am merely pointing out that if one wants to sell, you have to sell on the terms of the buyer, not the seller.

You can only dictate how you sell if clearly, your product is in high demand, if it is not - then you need to pander to the audience which is the buyer.

some times on trade me it depends on the right person seeing the advert

people in the know like yourself know that it will be easier to sell by breaking it up

to the sellers way of thinking if he has bought it all from a pet shop the asking price may be well under what they paid for everything so they consider it fair

it is like trying to sell modified cars, big tanks or really expensive fish,

very hard to get your money back