Movies and tv shows - let's discuss

Jaide

I saw Killing Them Softly starring Brad Pitt over the weekend, not bad.

Also watching Walking Dead season 2 - getting a bit emotional for me :cry1:

And Sherlock - the UK series, not sure if it screened here - stars Martin Freeman.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are waiting for the next season of Sherlock, I think Cumberbatch is quite good in the role.

Other than that at the moment the only thing we are watching is My Kitchen Rules, Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls. My husband likes the auction hunter shows as well but I'm usually on here or getting my stuff ready for work the next day when they're on.

We watch all the Would I Lie To You? - UK versions and QI.

Not into watching films very often but have just downloaded The Girl Most Likely To. Starring Stockard Channing. It was her first film. I remember seeing it back in the early 70's.

I wish I could take back the 90 minutes I wasted of my life watching "Killing the Softly." One of the worst produce movies EVER!

But what I hate most of all is all that over the top bitchy American "Reality" Television shows.

i don't watch public tv, do not allow my daughter to watch it either, mostly to escape the advertisements... and trash like shortland st and home and away. nobody needs that stuff.

breaking bad = best drama show ever.

family guy is like home to me, regularly watch it for hours on end.

i like mockumentary type comedies, the office, trailer park boys, arrested development.

i am very pleased that the canned laughter is being phased out of comedy shows.

you should check out louie, which is louis ck's show. funny stuff.

the voice = worst tv show ever, followed closely by all shows that follow the ridiculous lives of spoilt little rich kids (sweet 16, whatever show snookie is from)

breaking bad = best drama show ever.

This. Vince Gilligan is a genius and the cast is perfect, the show's been superb since S01E01. It's a shame it's almost over but one day I hope I get amnesia so I can watch it all again.

Personally I enjoy most nature and science documentaries, Planet Earth and most things BBC. Now THAT is quality TV.

But what I hate most of all is all that over the top bitchy American "Reality" Television shows.

the voice = worst tv show ever, followed closely by all shows that follow the ridiculous lives of spoilt little rich kids (sweet 16, whatever show snookie is from)

Could not agree more! Those nights where all that's on TV is that crap kills me, so glad I have a bank of movies to draw on.

I wish I could take back the 90 minutes I wasted of my life watching "Killing the Softly." One of the worst produce movies EVER!

True, I admit I was a little lost at times - what happened to the guy they hired who just wanted to get drunk and be with prostitutes. Brad asked him to sober up and be somewhere at 7.30 that night and then you never saw or heard anything of him - and half the movie was of him whining about his marriage falling apart. :dno:

Guy Ritchie does better gangster movies.

I don't watch tv for that reason, because that's all that seems to be on.

This. Vince Gilligan is a genius and the cast is perfect, the show's been superb since S01E01. It's a shame it's almost over but one day I hope I get amnesia so I can watch it all again.

*nods*

You should give BB a go - it's up there with The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire, IMHO

The showrunner's plan was always to take Walter White from high school chemistry teacher to meth baron - quite an arc for a character. I think it's around season 2 where most people realise Walter's no longer the good guy. It gets darker and nastier as it goes :bounce:

BB has to be one of the best shows out there at the moment. I hate this wait mid season for the finale!

Another show from AMC that I quite liked that not many have seen is called The Killing. It's a crime drama (which I don't normally like), except it's far more realistic and doesn't have any flashy hollywood stuff or cheesy lines. Follows a single case over 2 seasons.

nah i didn't like the sopranos either. breaking bad is on a different level than any other crime show, the screenplay, filming, acting and storyline is in a class of its own. i like how the main protagonist is the bad guy. drink when i watch breaking bad, in an effort to forget the show so i can watch it again and again hahaha. coming up in july i think? will start watching it from season one again soon to catch up.

I'm torrenting Game of thrones(GoT) every time a new one is released.

Arrested development is just starting and when GoT finishes, True Blood will start.

I am the same, Game Of Thrones is pretty dam good, can dragg sometimes but then is sucks you back in again. I also Torrent/borrow :facepalm: every week. :roll:

Looking forward to true blood, I never watched Dexter, but i hear it was bloody good. but like 6 seasons! lots of borrowning to do :lol:

Shortland street needs to die! and i cant be in the same room as xfactor! id rather poke pins in my eyes.

I'm hook, line and sinker for Game of Thrones.

Other series I'm watching at the moment is Shameless, apparently there is a UK and US version of this. I'm watching the US and love it. It's about a completely disfunctional family living in the poor area of town, it is my grown up Simpsons. Good old scripted comedy show, I'm frequently seen to be doing this :rolfl: when watching.

Game of thrones is awesome, and the big bang theory keeps getting better and better.

Wasted 2 mins of my life watching NZ x factor when I turned on the tv, needless to say my time would be better spent watching cat videos.

I am pretty excited today about the release of the new season of Arrested Development!

Other than that, yes pumped about the return of the last half of Breaking Bad in August!

And I watch (when bought from the 'special shop' on the computer) Dexter, American Horror Story, Homeland and Walking Dead.