Plants in Bearded Dragon Viv

ajgoodale

Hi all :wave:

I get my new (First) dragon on Friday from a local breader, yah cant wait. :happy1:

My new viverium is finally finished. Made it all including the fake rock wall background.

The only thing it is missing is a bit of 'life'. I am having trouble finding and fake cactus looking plants anywere that dont loook like a plastic baby toy ...

Does anyone know were I can source these, I dont want anything to jungle like more desert stuff.

The other option is can you put live plants in with dragon? Was thinking cactus or succulent type as they dont need a lot of mosture so would'nt increase the humidity and of course nothing with spines that could huet the wee fella. I have several cacti or succulents in my collection that may suit if this was ok?

Any advise would be great.

Dandelions may not lok as romantic as some other plants but they are good food for beardies. Many plants are toxic to beardies or at least will limit the absorbtion of calcium because of the other things present. Have a look at the beatiful dragons site---there are a lot of vegetables listed and colour coded for suitability. Just because your beardie loves to eat them or you like the look of them does not mean that they are good for it.